The longer version: I’ve always wanted to be a writer, but I never exactly saw myself becoming a public speaker. I have anxiety, depression, and a slew of chronic illnesses that sometimes make just leaving the house difficult, but somehow I found myself liking the idea of teaching other people about content marketing.
The first person I told about my interest in public speaking laughed at me in a not-exactly-nice way, so I’ve spent the last few years proving them wrong. And also writing a ton of blog posts while I do it.
- I’m married (for seven years now). My husband and I met when I was only 19 and started working at Circuit City with him. I screamed and pointed at his Domo-kun sweatshirt and he thought I was weird. 😀
- I play a ton of video games (my favorites are the Persona series, the Fire Emblem series, Diablo III, Borderlands 2 or Pre-Sequel, and anything Pokemon).
- I’ve been listening to Japanese pop/rock music since I was 13 and am still sort of obsessed with it.
- I can type between 90-100 wpm.
- I have two dogs and two cats. All of them are determined to drive me crazy.
- I have four tattoos.